Mommy Brigade

Monday, March 14, 2011

MOTHERHOOD

SO for those of you who read my other blog www.meetthemorleys.blogspot.com, you've already heard most of this, so if you want to scroll down to the bottom, there's new stuff there.
Dan and I had to give talks this last Sunday in church. Mine was on the importance of having an eternal family. I talked a little bit about how I feel about being a Mom, and it just made me realize how much I love it. A lot of girls my age are going to school, working, and dating. Most can't even imagine having a baby to take care of. But I love it and wouldn't trade it for the world! I would do anything for my little man. In my talk I said that I felt like I was finally living what I had spent most of my life preparing for. That's the best way I can sum it up. I truly feel like this is what I'm supposed to be doing. Taking care of my little family.
It was my Mom's birthday this last week and I guess between my talk and her birthday it just made me realize how important Mom's are. Don't get me wrong, I've always thought this. But it's different now that I'm a Mom and  can feel that special love for my child, and to look back and see the things my amazing Mom did for me and the things she taught me. She is now one of my best friends. We talk all the time and see eachother often. I love having her so close and know that she is always a phone call away if I ever need her.
On another note, Damon is teething. I think it's his back molars on both sides. top and bottom. This kid teeths like crazy! And I know if there's one, there's 3 more right behind it! He's been sweet for the most part, every once and while when they are really bugging him he gets fussy.
Oh and I stopped nursing the begining of March. And.....I don't miss it. Yeah it was nice having that bond with Damon, but he got to this point where he just wasn't interested. He never wanted to just nurse, he wanted to look around and stick his fingers in my nose. So it was getting really annoying. It's been almost 2 weeks and I'm still kind of producing which is weird to me but maybe that's normal? Any advice on that?
When I first quit it was so painful! Holy cow! I had even tried weaning him off to just once a day so it wouldn't hurt so much when I quit, but that was a silly thought. It was horrible. And it lasted like 4 days. Now they are pretty much back to normal. I've always been a "busty" girl, but when I was nursing I seriously felt deformed! haha they were sooo big, and when I quit they were even bigger! ( I hope there's no men reading this blog.....especially ones I know hahah) I'm sure you Mom's can relate. It's nice to have them almost back to normal. Now I can go running and workout without having to keep pads in my bra and have them hurt so much. Anyways, Sorry if that was a little too much info. Just be lucky I'm not one of those weirdies that posts pics of every little thing! haha I would love some comments on this stuff so feel free to leave me your advice and your experiences in this kind of stuff!
Thanks!
Haley

2 comments:

  1. I didn't produce much milk and Layla was not a fan of nursing so I was only able to for about three/four months. I leaked stuff for the next six months or so off and on. My doctor said that is normal any type of nipple stimulation will keep you producing some. Like showers, sex, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 months! Sheesh! That's a lot longer then I was hoping for! Oh well as long as they aren't as bad as they have been I'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete