Mommy Brigade

Monday, March 21, 2016

Jagger Matthew Morley

I have been so behind on blogging! Since having Jag, it seems like time has been flying by! He just turned 5 months and is the sweetest thing in the whole wide world!
A little about his birth!
If you've been following my other blog www.meetthemorleys.blogspot.com you might know that the end of my pregnancy was scary and super stressful. I don't know why I didn't write more about that here. So basically I was diagnosed with Cholestasis. Or ICP. There was too much bile in my liver and it was released into my blood stream and it is dangerous for the baby. I had a severe case and was being very closely monitored. Lots of ultrasounds and blood work and non stress tests. So I was so anxious to get him here. With cholestasis they don't like to let you go past 37 weeks. The risks are too high that your baby won't survive after that point.
It was a Sunday, 37 weeks exactly. I went into the hospital at 4:30. They hooked me up to an IV and all that fun stuff. Before I knew it, I was ready for my c-section. (I went ahead and did a repeat c section because of all the risks with my cholestasis. I just wanted to get him out and know he was healthy). I was so worried about getting a spinal because normally you're in pain from contractions so you don't hate the epidural as much. Thankfully it was a breeze and so much easier and less painful that I was thinking it was going to be. So once that was in it was only about 10-15 minutes before baby was here. I actually can't remember the exact time of his birth right now. I want to say 6:48 A.M.
He was so perfect. I was so worried there was going to be issues with him being born so close to full term. Not to mention all the horror stories with Cholestasis, and I also had too much amniotic fluid which has more risks to it as well. I just started crying when I heard him crying. I couldn't wait to hold him. Dan held him next to me and I was so happy to just have him here and safe. Just thinking back to how horrible the last part of my pregnancy was then seeing him for the first time makes me choke up. It's such a blur now and life has just been in fast forward mode since I had him. So when I sit back and think of all it took to get him here healthy, I can't believe we went through all that. He was so worth it. of course! but he is just the sweetest happiest little guy!
The boys instantly fell in love. They just adore Jag and are constantly trying to be near him and hold him. I love the bond they already have. He is the perfect addition to our family!









No comments:

Post a Comment