Mommy Brigade

Friday, February 9, 2018

Rocky Girl

Ok- I get that some people hate the nickname rocky for raquel......but I don't really care. She's the sweetest thing ever and I could call her anything and it would still be cute.

She's getting so big so fast and I can't even believe it's been 7 months.  I seriously am loving that she's more of a little baby and less of a potato. But I am soaking up every moment with her. All the milestones she's hitting are so bitter sweet. I'm loving her gummy smiles but i'm excited for her to have some teeth so that she can eat more snacks and stuff. She's got the cheesiest smile and I just melt every time I see it.

She probably gets kissed about 500 times a day. No joke. He cheeks are seriously amazing and I just can't even help it. Jag loves to give her kisses too. He's been so sweet with her. I'm so glad he's been so great because he can kind of be a bully.

Yesterday I put up an instagram post about all her favorite things and how sweet she is and what a good sleeper she is. Andddddddd wouldn't you know, she slept like absolute crap last night. Why does that happen? As soon as you acknowledge it, it goes away.

I wish there was like reverse psychology where your like, "Man my baby spits up so much...." then they just stopped. Instead it's always the good things! Jokes on you mom!

Anyways, having a girl is seriously so much fun. I love putting bows on her, dressing her up, painting her nails, and I just think- I have waited forever to do this kind of stuff! If she would have been a boy my nieces would have had to put up with me ;) But I really love it. And when I think of all the stuff I can't wait to do with her, I get so excited. Buying her first princess outfit, her first barbie, teaching her how to do her hair and makeup!

I hope we are always close and that she will confide in me when she's going through hard things. I hope we will be best friends and that she'll come to me with advice.

Having all boys for a while I would see articles about how when your boys grow up and get married you lose them, but if you have a daughter she'll stay close. How freakin sad is that! Like that is a horrible way to think. All my kids better stay close or I'm kidnapping them.

But I do think there's a different relationship between mothers and daughters. My mom experienced a lot of the same things I went through with boys and relationships and friendships so she could always give me advice. I hope raquel and I have a relationship like my mom and I have.

Anyways! Speaking of the sweet little baby- she just woke up from her nap so I probably need to go squish her;)

No comments:

Post a Comment