Mommy Brigade

Friday, June 21, 2013

Toddlers Sharing Rooms!

Hey Mommies!!! So we just moved to TX and I have had my boys sharing a room for the last month of two. It's been working out pretty well, but there are times when it drives me crazy! I put them in the same room to help with the transition. I tried it after a few weeks at my parents house when my kids sleeping sucked! Bedtime routine would take like an hour, then Damon would be awake forever, Rafe would just cry and cry, and they would both wake up during the night and super early. So we all started sleeping in the same room and all the issues went away. I could tell they loved having eachother in the room. So when we moved we put them together. Bedtime has been cut in half for sure, and they are normally pretty good about just going to sleep. Naptimes are pretty impossible. Damon always wants to go wake Rafe up and play with him when he's napping, and I think Rafe has gotten used to having someone in the room with him, so now it's harder to fall asleep on his own. So he rarely naps. Right now he's passed out on the couch, which has been good so far haha! We'll see what happens in five minutes though. So nap times have been rough and now at bedtime Damon will cry for us if he's not tired and it keeps rafe awake, making both kids fussy the next day. You know how it is. Crappy nights sleep, cranky babies the next day!
Any advice? I've started giving them quiet time during the day in their room and will put a movie on for them. Sometimes they fall asleep, other times they just watch. Which has been nice to just have some time for myself.  But I don't like playing movies at night for them to fall asleep to. Theyve been getting lots of tv lately! Should I play music? Keep a light on in the room? or seperate them until they are older? We talked about getting them bunk beds, but I think they're still a little small for that. Mostly Rafe. anyways, any thoughts on how to make Damon be better about having Rafe in there with him?

No comments:

Post a Comment